Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hey, this IS theraputic

I'm sitting at the Black Dog Coffehouse right now. Just wrapped up a commercial policy for a new client who truly gets it.

He said, "I wish you could buy everything like this."

I asked him what he meant, and he said, "Face to face like this, without all the smoke and mirrors, no hiding shit."

BAM! That one really hit me... reminded me why I'm doing what I'm doing. Here's this young guy running his own business, and he knows his job/skill/art very well, but he doesn't know much about insurance. He shouldn't have to! That's my job, and he truly appreciated what I did for him.

The guy signed a contract, wrote me a check and literally walked away with nothing in his hand, and he felt good about it! So good he asked for some cards of mine to hand out and thanked me for helping him.

Good day, and it ain't even lunch yet.

No comments: